Every interior designer worth their salt uses cushions to elevate a home and transform it into a space of beauty and comfort. With a bit of know-how and an eye for detail, you can also use cushions to create a stylish space. Moreover, your cushion choice enhances your interior design, adding individuality, elegance, and allure.
In this post, you’ll find out why cushions are the key to luxury and learn how best to shop cushions UK soft furnishing specialists definitely wouldn’t do without them.
Why Are Cushions Essential to a Home’s Comfort and Luxury?
Experienced interior designers will tell you that soft furnishings make the difference between a house and a home. Among all the soft furnishings, cushions are must-haves. Not only are they available in many styles and designs, but they’re an inexpensive way to scale the comfort and luxury of your home.
Even the most architecturally sophisticated of homes is cold and dull without the right soft furnishings and cushions. Furthermore, a simple space can be transformed into an elegant, safe heaven with stylish pillows and curtains. And finally, you can freshen up any tired room with the right cushions and feel like you’ve carried out an extensive makeover by positioning them in the right places.
Here are the most compelling reasons why you should shop for cushions for your home:
- Opulence: Without spending an arm and a leg, you can use cushions to enhance your home’s appearance and add an air of extravagance to your decor.
- Warmth: If you pitch a living space with cushions against a room without any, you instantly know they provide alluring warmth.
- Comfort: Not only do cushions create a sense of comfort, but they also make sitting and lounging on beds and sofas blissful. Choosing cushions that provide back support is a great way to help ease any spinal issues.
- Value and Appeal: The right cushions enhance the visual appeal of any home. What’s more, they’re a great way to increase the value of your home.
- Rejuvenation: Sofas and beds age over time, leading to fabric discolouration and loose threads. Placing the right designer cushions in the right places, will rejuvenate even the most tired of furniture.
With all the above reasons in mind, let’s look at the dos and don’ts of choosing cushions for your living spaces.
Shop Cushions UK – 4 Steps for How to Choose and Place Cushions
To maximise the benefits and impact of cushions, you need to follow a few simple guidelines. Buying random cushions without a plan of action for your existing interior is no use. Here are the essential steps to cushion perfection:
- Think about the colour scheme in your rooms: Note down the colour combinations of each room, including the walls, curtains, and furniture colours. Then choose where to add cushions.
- Start with the base layer: Pick large cushions in a colour similar to your sofa, armchair, or bedspread. Make sure to consider your curtain fabric too. The big cushions will create a backdrop, linking the furniture with the cushion top layers.
- Add colour in the medium layer: Now, choose smaller but more colourful cushions. That way, you enhance the impact of the base layer while adding personality and style.
- Sprinkle with a funky top layer: Get creative for the top cushion layer. You can choose eclectic shapes and shades to enhance the luxury and elegance even more.
A Word on Colour Options
When choosing colours, you have two options: classic or bold. Choosing classic colours means sticking within the colour scheme of your room and existing furnishings. If you go bold, you can pick contrasting colours and create an edgy and eclectic look when you shop cushions. UK soft furnishing creators have designed some of the most alluring designs imaginable.
If you’re unsure, contact an interior designer or browse through the expansive cushion selection online to find inspiration. Whatever your style and colour choice, cushions will enhance your home in every way.
Cushions Turn Your Home Into Heaven
When shopping for cushions, you’ll soon discover a vast selection of fabrics and colours, including designer creations and traditional styles. The choices are so abundant that you’ll have no trouble finding cushions that will transform your home into the most sumptuous surroundings.